The Greer Family

The Geer family of Cortez, Colorado with the quilt presented to them in memory of Pfc. George R. Geer, 1.17.2005 Ramadi, Iraq. His sister, parents and grandmother received the quilt December 21, 2005.


Friday, October 15, 2010

A New Beginning

 As Colorado Coordinator for Home Of The Brave Quilt Project, I have for several years maintained a website for the project but have struggled to find a way to maintain and update it that would not add hundreds of dollars a year to the cost of the domain name and website expenses.
The past couple of years I have had a personal blog www.ros-the-quilter.blogspot.com, and find that easy to do so I have decided to phase out the HOB website in favor of a blog which I can maintain myself,  at no cost either, an added benefit! The website will remain up with a link to this blog until the current cycle which has been prepaid, runs out.
Over the next weeks I will be adding more information and photos of quilts and some of the families who have received them.
I welcome any help especially in finding the families of the fallen, the most difficult part of the job. I can get a quilt made but the internet/phone research necessary to track down current NOK family locations is an additional time investment that I really don't have.
To date we have presented over 70 quilts to families of Fallen Colorado Military members but there are more than two dozen families whose locations are so far unknown to me.
If you wish to offer assistance, please leave a message in the comments or contact me through email on my profile.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a message. If you are aware of a military family that has NOT received a HOB quilt in memory of their Fallen Hero, I would appreciate any contact info you can give me.